Monday, March 10, 2014

A draft of things to come.

So I recently got it in my head to write a cycle of sonnets. I'll see about posting some of my meditations regarding concepts/themes/fun times later, but know they're gonna be called The Buttsex Sonnets. Yup. It's a thing.
In fact here's a draft of the first sonnet. More textual/author's notes after the verse for those interested.
There's a faggot in horizontal stripes.
See! Lolls his head; flaps about at the wrists;
And wags his hips, and--oh--so sweetly lisps.
By this and these we know these types.
I'm sure if he saw me, he'd think likewise
In stereotypes: we all have our nitch.
O, to be noticed by this little bitch
Or anyone--to feel as cute--would be nice.
Catch me a fairy, hark, hail me a sprite!
Tear off his wings, his weeds, his airs, and thrust
Deep and unbidden. I'll show you what lurks
Beneath assumptions, between soul and sight:
I have as much machismo, I trust,
As much I must, as you your flippant quirks.
Sooo, yeah, there's that. I've already made notes for revisions and restructurings (mostly regarding lines 4 - 7 and chunks of the sestet, which I consider somewhat useless and weak sections right now), but this is the original (complete) draft. We could even call it the first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment