Friday, June 27, 2014

Correction.

So I posted yesterday at length about a character I'm reviving, Oliver Madison, in some short stories I want to work on. Lovely lovely, naturally.

Specifically, though, I was mistaken about just how old a character he was for me. I said I'd been thinking of him for maybe 4 years or so, give or take a month. Way off.

Try 10 yrs.

I'm currently on break from sorting through old papers and projects and notebooks for the move thing. First I found some notes about him in 2006; an intention to write a novel. I think he was going to get scapegoated via his outsider status via his tail? It seemed? Not sure, didn't read too closely really. But then I found notes in another notebook that were dated 04/01/2004. In that point it was all about him being some unwanted teen pregnancy raised by his uncaring grandparents.

But holy shit. This character better make me famous, cuz apparently I've hung on to him for a long ass time.

In other news, I also found a bunch of really old, really bad poetry I wrote. Obviously I'm keeping it, too, to keep me humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment